I don't get this. If you can't buy non-glycerin soap, how can you make your own using commercial soap? Can you use soap with glycerin and somehow make it into non-glycerin? The article says you can't remove it at home. Very confusing to me.

??

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Nave" <bhangcha...@gmail.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: CS>How To Make Non-glycerin Soap | LIVESTRONG.COM

"How to Make Non-Glycerin Soap

"Overview

"Glycerin is a natural byproduct of the soap-making process. All soap
initially contains glycerin but commercial soap makers often remove
the glycerin and replace it with other softening agents. Glycerin
removal requires an industrial steam and filter process that is beyond
the means of most home soap makers, therefore, all homemade soap still
has glycerin. However, you can make your own, non-glycerin, scented
soaps by using unscented commercial soap and adding your own
fragrances."

Now that's the problem, isn't it.  Where does one get  an unscented
commercial soap!...

Dan

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/21988-make-nonglycerin-soap/#ixzz1NJoQZrBc