Yes I’ve done that “suck and zip” method before :-)

I do have a Food Saver device that is capable of removing the air. I also
have the adapters that will remove the air from quarts and wide-mouth mason
jars (very, VERY handy). I’ve seen on TV a hand held pump that you can pump
out the air (probably by extraction I suppose) on different sized jars etc.,
I guess this is what I’m looking for. I do have a hand held pump – they sell
them for special Ziploc bags. I just wonder how I can get that special
portion of the Ziploc bag onto/in a bucket so I could then do the same. Does
this make any sense?

And yes, I’ve got 5 buckets thus far…and hope to get up to a baker’s dozen –
hahA! Check any major food stores that have a bakery department and most
will give them away, but you have to hit them at the right time as lots of
folks are after them.

Lisa

  _____