http://www.kokonutpacific.com.au/NiulifeCoconutOil/NiulifeCoconutOil.php

I have used this oil consistently for years now. I have tried other coconut oils but they did not please - they either had the catch-in-the-throat problem, or actually made me sick, although I was used to VCNO by the time I tried that one.

This site is a good source of information on various coconut oil related topics. I notice they have various international suppliers:

Slovenia: Cobio <http://www.cobio.si/> Trial d.o.o. Zaloška 40, Ljubljana Ireland and UK: Simply Wild <http://www.simplywild.ie/> Europe: Tropicai <http://www.tropicai.com/shop/Food/Virgin-Coconut-Oil:::4_1.html> Canada & USA:Alpha Health
<http://www.alphahealth.ca/extra-virgin-coconut-oil.html>

They also sell a pet oil, which is made from the oil left behind after pouring off human quality oil; it has the brownish sediment which I have been told is full of micronutirents whose name I forget. Enzyme-y sort of stuff, I think it was. I use this oil for chips (french fries US) and it is wonderful - no off flavours, and great results. When I change oil I save the residue for a friend who has a dog who loves coconut oil and comes running when my friend opens her human oil. I was saving the oil to make soap, but there is so little "waste" by the time I'm done it was not worth hanging on to it. Daddybob wrote some years ago about a dog he had who smelled so bad nobody could stand it. Suddenly the dog stopped smelling - DB was giving it the coconut oil left over from frying his eggs. It is being recommended as a pet deodoriser. It's worth reading up on its use with animals of various kinds (article on the site);

Also, if you want a gadget to make a hole in a young coconut to get the water out, I bought one called Cocotap, which is very good. *COCOTAP*** <http://www.australiantropicalfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/demo2.jpg

Paul Richardson
P.O. Box 2269 Cairns, Qld 4870
T: (0)7 40930834 M: 0422 751 761
E: p...@cocotap.com <mailto:p...@cocotap.com> W: www.cocotap.com <http://www.cocotap.com> The NEW multi-tool to carry in tropical paradise! COCOTAP® makes the most naturally refreshing drink ever, totally accessible. It eliminates the mess of opening coconuts with machetes, is simple, safe and now, easier to utilize nature’s perfect packaging. COCOTAP is a patented quality product, made to last from food grade stainless steel 1.6mm tube, professionally milled and hand finished in Australia. It is easily re-sharpened and cleaned and can be hygienically used in premises serving the public.

http://www.kaiziscoconutoil.com/ - I have not tried this one; I only just spotted this site.

Names to enter when doing a net search for info:
Bruce Fife
Mary Enig
Sally Fallon
Duncan Crow
Ray Peat
Walter Last
Dr Conrado Dayrit

Sorry, I can't remember the others whose information I really appreciated when I was researching originally, but others might chime in here.

   www.enig.com/trans.html <http://www.bethesdapress.com/>

http://www.powerhealth.net/articlecoconut.htm

http://www.Lauric.org <http://www.lauric.org/>

I got interesting info from diagnose-me.com and coconut-info.com, also treelight.com (if they are all still there).coconutresearchcentre.org, WestonAPrice.org has info on coconut oil also.

Cynthia and Laura Holzapfel. /Coconut Oil for Health and Beauty <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=treelight&path=tg/detail/-/1570671583>/. Healthy Living Publications, 2003

Bruce Fife, ND. /The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=treelight&path=tg/detail/-/0941599515>/. Piccadilly Books, 2003

Bruce Fife, ND. /Eat Fat, Look Thin <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=treelight&path=tg/detail/-/0941599523>. /HealthWise, 2002

Dr. Mary Enig. /Know Your Fats <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=treelight&path=tg/detail/-/0967812607>. /Bethesda Press, 2000

Rowena

I know there are loads of sites to check but thought to save a bit of time--does anyone know of a particular site that is really good ?? thanks, Lois