From: slickpic...@cox.net [mailto:slickpic...@cox.net]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 5:17 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Cc: Sandy
Subject: RE: CS>How to use Silver and DMSO

The DMSO I buy comes in a plastic bottle...?

---- Sandy <hollis302...@yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
1.  Not only does DMSO cause some plastics to become brittle but it will
literally dissolve some plastics, rubber and latex which will cause it to be
drawn into the body. Extreme care should always be taken when not using
glass to mix or use DMSO.
2.  Some people use aloe vera gel or emu oil to help with the itching after
the DMSO has absorbed into the skin. DMSO causes the histamine to release
which causes the itching but after using it in the same area for a while the
histamine will deplete and no longer itch or as badly anyway.
This is from Garnet the person who owns [I'm not sure if she still does] the
DMSO yahoo group...
 "The itching that is immediate after DMSO application is due to the release
of histamine from mast cells in the skin. Once this depot of histamine has
been depleted with further use of DMSO on the same area in the following
hours or days the itching upon application will subside. Itching can be from
drying of the skin. I use Emu Oil because it is such a wonderful moisturizer
and not at all greasy, soaks right in. It is also an anti-inflammatory and a
carrier that approaches DMSO as far as subderm delivery goes. Aloe Vera gel
is also a good one and either can be used before the DMSO to prevent
drying......Garnet "
Sandy

--- On Fri, 12/7/12, Dr. James McCourt <dr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Agreed on glass being better. DMSO always brittles and cracks plastic around
here.
How do you keep DMSO from itching for days after use?

Archives: