Colliod Master's website didn't seem to make much of an issue of using stir
plate for smaller (1 qt) quantities. Do you think it's important regardless of
quantity made? Thanks.

---- bob Larson <bobli...@att.net> wrote:

like stereos, building multiple components in one package is fine until
something breaks...

i have used a colloid master i purchased used on ebay (before they went
pushover under pressure of FDA or just stupidity to stop all CS/generator
sales) since 2006.  bought another for a backup but havent used it yet.  get
a stir-plate to go with it.

i use Arrowhead DW here in L.A.  always clear CS.  Sparkletts always not
quite so clear.
DW will vary by locality more than brand... get a TDS meter to test the DW.