I made my own last year, and then this year I bought the Colloid Master from www.wishgranted.com. The price was reasonable and they shipped it right away. It reverses current direction by itself, so no stirring is necessary.
Joe
On 2014-09-29 2:48 PM, Top Dog wrote:
Hi all,

New here but have been devouring everything on silver for the past week and I found this list through one of the forums. There are certainly some confusing statements that I have been encountering from people and creators of machines but I think I have it narrowed down to three choices and I am looking for opinions on which to go with.

My goals are to make 10-20ppm of ionic silver preferably in quart sizes but if feasible then a gallon would be great. I'm looking for something that won't take 12 hrs to do a batch and will stand the test of time as far as reliability goes and can be used every day or every other day if needed and can be repaired easily if needed with support from the manufacturer. Also must have some sort of mechanical stirrer as from what I have read, a bubbler is a bad idea. I'm not interested in a toy. My budget is $350-$400

It appears that I have come down to these three units from what I have read and gathered so far, but if anyone has another unit that falls into my specifications then please let me know.

The units are:
1. Silver Puppy: Seems like alot of people are pleased with this unit and it certainly has a good price point. Trying to find out more info on how long the rods will last etc and if it will do larger batch's but might have missed it on the website so I am going to check again for those answers. Seems like it has been reliable for people. Not sure on the magnetic stirrer unit as I am not sure of its longevity. May just pick a used lab unit up somewhere.

2. Silver Gen Model SG6 Auto: Manufacturer touts the uniqueness of this unit and has a built in mechanical stirrer. Within my budget.

3. Silver Lungs: Watched the videos and read a few websites that tout the commercial like nature of this machine and it's reliability. I do like the bigger silver rods as it should keep from having to buy a new set for a while. Like the polarity reversal function to keep the rods evenly used. Also not sure if having the water a higher PH does really make a difference although it sounds plausible. This unit is high on my list but it does show that it is 4 weeks on backorder which makes me wonder if there is a supply problem or just that popular.

All in all I am looking to choose one of these machines unless something else pops up but wanted some takes on what people thought of these machines if they have used them before or know more about their differences to make me have a decision either way.

Thanks for everyone's help.

-Bob