> Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 09:59:43 -0400
> From: jpopel...@gmail.com
> To: silver-list@eskimo.com
> Subject: Re: CS>Something interesting for the chemist or physicist?
>
> On 10/04/2014 10:03 PM, Neville wrote:
> >

> I don't have any knowledge of the chemistry of litmus paper
> with silver water, but I like the way you are thinking about
> this.  I look forward to learning from your experience and
> thinking.
>
> Can you be any more specific about what you are using as
> "litmus paper" is it the red/blue acid base indicator type
> or the multi color type that gives more details about
> acid/base strength?  They use different chemistry.

## I'm using those small booklets which have the multi colour chart John, Ph
from 1 through 14.
I'm doing another batch today and am using the meter alone.  After standing for
5 minutes holding the meter in the water it finally stopped deviating to settle
at 6.9 out of the bottle, took about 5 minutes though.  Seems you have to wait
some considerable time for meter reading to stop fluctuating.  Just when you
think it's holding a steady reading, it drops another point, but I believe it
remained steady at 6.9 after waiting a little longer and shaking the meter
occasionally to move the water around the probe.