I make the distilled water myself and it has a 0 reading with my TDS meter.
The tap water has a reading of over 300.  The only thing might be, that I
poured the distilled water into the jar which I make the CS in, without
cleaning it out first as I thought this unnecessary.  I wouldn't have thought
there would be enough particles left to cause a Tyndall effect though...dee

Sent from my iPad