Phil...not all studies use silver compounds like silver nitrate. Pure colloidal silver also appears to be highly toxic to marine animals. Mollusks but also fish embryo. One study,...not in front of me at the moment,...differentiated between silver colloids, sonicated colloids and pure silver ion. There appears to be an increase in toxicity as the particle size is reduced. My intention is not to discredit silver or sow discontent,...Its just that Ive been running across the silver toxicity issue as Im reading about other heavy metals in the ocean. ...Leave no door closed...