Is colloidal copper mostly "free copper"?

You don't want too much free copper, which can be toxic.

--Bill

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18827576

Brewer GJ. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Nov;11(6):727-32.

The risks of free copper in the body and the development of useful anticopper
drugs.

Abstract

PURPOSE OF REVIEW: To review the toxicity and risks of free copper in Wilson's
disease, Alzheimer's disease, other disease of neurodegeneration, and cognitive
loss in the general population. We will also review the anticopper drugs and
how lowering free copper levels with an anticopper drug inhibits fibrosis,
inflammation, and autoimmunity.

RECENT FINDINGS: Some exciting recent work indicates that free copper levels
are increased in Alzheimer's disease, and copper may be involved in disease
pathogenesis, opening the way to possible therapy of Alzheimer's disease with
anticopper drugs. Copper may also be involved in other diseases of
neurodegeneration. A very exciting recent study indicts high intake of copper,
mostly from copper supplements, in conjunction with a high-fat diet in more
rapid cognitive decline in the general population. Other data indicate that
even low levels of copper in drinking water, perhaps similar to copper
supplements, bypasses the liver, enters the circulation, increases the
blood-brain penetration of copper, and may cause damage.

SUMMARY: Some of the implications are that Alzheimer's disease and other
diseases of neurodegeneration and fibrotic, inflammatory, and autoimmune
diseases may be treatable by lowering the availability of free copper. People
in the general population may wish to take steps to lower their free copper
levels and, in particular, to abstain from taking copper supplements and
ingesting significant amounts of copper in drinking water.

PMID: 18827576 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--- At 03:35 PM 2018-07-16, PT Ferrance wrote:

>Hello,
>There has been a conversation going on about the need for copper in the body
>and people have written about colloidal copper. Has anyone on this list made
>colloidal copper? If you have how did you do it?
>Thanks.
>PT

Archives: