Yea, 10 minutes seems about right as a general rule. One indicator for
contact time is the ear protocol, which is to place 3 drops of CS in your
ear and keep it there for 7 minutes. Then turn and do the other ear for 7
minutes while the first one drains. So 7 minutes seems to be the contact
time for ear infections at least. I did this with my daughter many times
year ago, and it worked better than anything a doctor ever did.

However, other issues such as foot fungus, heavy infections, etc. require a
very long time because of various 'logistics' issues prevent or reduce
contact, so we need CS gels, bandages, etc., to keep the CS in contact for
days or more. I have cured severe infections from ingrown toenails with
bandages that wiped out the infection within 24 to 48 hours, but not less
than that. The trick is actually making contact ;-)

Victor