on 24/12/2001 2:00 PM, Wayne Fugitt at wa...@fugitt.com wrote:

Evening Roger,

>>John, would this be the black 'mud' seen in volcanic bubbling mud pools? I do
know it's >>used by the ladies as a skin conditioner and even as a face pack
with great results.

All that I have seen is a light gray in color.  There were mines in the area
where I grew up.

In later years, I purchased a few hundred pounds to waterproof a pond dam.
This is some amazing material.

As a test,  I made a small dished hole in sand with bentonite mixed, poured
in a glass of water and it was still there at the end of the day.  It will
waterproof pure sand.

After fixing the pond dam, the grapevines behind the dam died for lack of
water.
So.... I guess it works for that purpose.

There exist a number of grades and qualities of this stuff, as is evident by
the prince range.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
       Pity it's not the black stuff as there's pools of it around here and
nothing to do with it. I'll cancel my idea of a pond :-)

Roger B