----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Harris" <yr...@cfl.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Cc: "Richard Harris" <yr...@cfl.rr.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 4:46 PM
Subject: RE: CS>Dog with teeth and gum infections, CS pet testimonies?

> Thanks Dr. Nenah,
>
> This is even better advice for Debbie and comes from a dog owner.
>
> Debbie this just shows why I brag on the quality contributors that share
> with those of us who are seeking a better solution.
>
> Thanks Nenah for your usual excellent help!
> Sincerely,
> Ricahrd Harris, 56 yr FL Pharmacist

Richard,
You are very kind. Indeed, I have gotten a lot from your posts as well.

Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask you about adding
potassium hydroxide to colloidal silver to raise its pH if it's under 7.0. On
your advice, I did manage to obtain some food grade potassium hydroxide. The
strength was a bit more than I would have liked -- at 50%, it required only
about 2 drops for an entire gallon of water -- and afterward, the pH read in the
high 8s or early 9s. I put in the potassium hydroxide AFTER making the CS,
because I was afraid that it somehow might interfere with the process of making
it.

In any case, the silver making was fine. I made it as I always do and there
weren't any problems (like flaking, etc.) However, there is a taste to the fluid
that was never there when I made CS in the past. Would you by any chance know
what this is from?

I'll be sending Bob a sample to analyze and will report what was found (if Bob
doesn't report to the list first  ;)  But in the meantime, I thought maybe you
might know why there is a different taste -- and if it's messing up the quality
or effectiveness of the silver. I'm a little reluctant to use it until I know.

Thanks as always.
Nenah
(and by the way, you don't have to call me "Dr."  ;)

I'll be sending some