Perhaps this is what Dan was thinking about:

http://process-equipment.globalspec.com/Industrial-Directory/colloid_mill

At 04:20 PM 6/3/2004 -0400, you wrote:
I thought that a hammer mill would not work on malleable metals, don't they tend to hammer together instead of breaking apart? I thought hammer mills only worked on
brittle substances, such as creamics, salt and sugar.

Marshall