So far as I know, the electron microscope has fallen out of favor for this
purpose.
 This is the way I understand why:

Since an electron microscope requires a dry sample and ionic silver
oxidizes when dried you won't get a good count on metallic particles.  What
you will get is clumps and clusters of silver oxides that look like
particles but bear no relationship to what is being looked for.

 The Malvern Particle sizer works using the properties of light in
unaltered samples.
 Frank Key is the only person I've run across that seems to know what's
going on where single metals colloids and free ions are concerned.

Ode

At 06:27 PM 7/30/2004, you wrote:
>David:
>As I said I would, I spent a couple hours on the phone today to labs that
can check silver.

>For 15 to 20 dollars they will check for PPM. The big expense comes when
checking particle size with an electron microscope. Do you make your silver
with low voltage DC or high voltage AC ?  When I was making it with lvdc I
used a Hanna  TDS meter. Now that I use only hvac it can't be used to test
for PPM. I plan to send it to one of the labs I spoke to today for PPM only.

>Bill Amos
>Can anyone recommend a good place to send  samples of my CS to get the
true PPM, particle size, and whatever