----- Original Message -----
From: "Nancy Venzon" <nven...@yahoo.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 5:16 PM
Subject: CS>Dog with Bile Duct Obstruction

> I know this is off topic, so would appreciate direction to the proper forum or
web sites for information. We have noticed our 10 yr old Schnauzer losing weight
and energy. Unable to jump on the bed ect. Had some labs drawn at the Vets. WBCs
around 24,000 (Norm up to 17,000) Alkaline Phosphotate 2700 (Norm up to 150)
Bilirubin 1.3 (Norm .6), albumin low, Protein low, globulin normal, urine dilute
with spec gravity 1005 (Norm 1025 - 1030) with protein spilling in urine.
glucose 250. XRay showed her spleen enlarged.  Tues we will have a Bile Acids
test. I asked for a gut opinion and he just said obstruction or sludge in the
Bile ducts which will lead to Liver damage. Treatment would consist of starting
Antibiotics, a drug called Actigal that sounds like a Doggy Lipitor it inhibits
bile Acid and Cholesterol absorbtion and a LD diet I assume that stands for
Liver Disease. I plan to begin Colloidal Silver in her water dish, Silimarin and
continue to research, any suggestions ?

Homeopathy. Dogs respond well to this (I can't recommend anyone, though). Also,
when humans do a liver cleanse a standard item is Epsom salts to drink, to open
the bile duct. I don't know how this would translate to a dog, though, the stuff
is vile to drink   ;-O

If the bile duct is obstructed there may be parasites. Colloidal silver is great
but won't affect more than single-celled microbes. Maybe you could do a parasite
cleanse too.

Good luck. Nenah