Staph & Enterococcus could be the infection...E coli could be a contaminant.
These could be a kidney problem...(especially staph...most common.)
Remember...the bacteria could be secondary infections to a primary problem.
Counts like she has may well be a pyelonephritis...especially is she is
relatively symptom free.
Actual kidney problems have many possible causes and her Dr. should dig into
solving what actual area of the urogenital system is involved....
There is so much more info needed to say exactly what is happening to this
woman...
Until she has some tests run, Garnet's advice of acidifying the urine and
drinking volumes of water is good.
Dr. Kenney

The three bacteria that showed up in the urine test are.......
E-coli, Staph and Enterococcus. Would this be a kidney problem?
Bill Amos
E coli and staph are bacteria...not virus...but this probably just a typo,
right?
It is also unusual for a gram neg (Esherichia coli) and a gram pos (Staph)
to show up in the same culture.  Bacteria could show up in the urine without
having a bladder infection.  Ie:  Severe glomerulonephritis where the
glomeruli are damaged, pyelonephritis, etc.
Glomerulonephritis is very serious....
Dr. Kenney

Hi Garnet:
I talked to the lady again today and she said there were 3 live viruses that
appeared in the test. E-coli, staph and one other
that she couldn't remember. The test mentioned 100,000 units ofeach. The
Doctor mentioned that it was unusual for these types of live  bacteria to
show up in the urine test.

Bill Amos
-------------------------------------------------------------- Bacteria
would not exit the body through the bladder. She must have a bladder
infection. Since CS ends up in the urine within an hour or two of ingestion
it should help. Cranberry juice and Vit C will acidify the urine and also
assist. Lots of water to flush as well.

Garnet

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 17:24, William Amos wrote:
> Hello All:
> I just talked to a friend of mine who has a very sick daughter.
> I gave her a large supply of CS and she has been taking it.
> She told me when she had her tests, the urine test showed a large mass of
LIVE bacteria had showed up in the test.