Hi Nenah,
May you be very happy in your new home.

Have you tried connecting well water straight into the Ionizer? To test
whether the filter is the culprit.

I can think of two potential problems.
1/ Something has got into the ionizer causing a problem, possibly
blocking a port or covering an electrode or sensor.
2/ The new filter is functionally different so that the water leaving the
filter is now strongly buffered by passing through the filter.

I can only imagine that slowing the water flow would cause the
electrolysis process to be 'better' or 'stronger'

hth,
Tony