----- Original Message -----
From: Deborah Gerard
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Re CS:> Coconut oil ,yum yum!!!

Hi Harold how have you been...do you know of a place that sells chocolate with
stevia? thanks in advance deb
===========
Hi Deb.

I've tried all the chocolates except the one Mercola sells on his site. The one
I like by far is Rapunzel. They pay the South American farmers a living wage
and it's harvested sustainably.

Most chocolates contain lecithin, a waste by-product of the soy processing
industry. (Eggs contain lecithin too, but the stuff from soy is not that great,
since it does have residues of soy phytochemicals. See Kaayla T. Daniels's The
Ploy of Soy, definitely an eye-opener.) Rapunzel is the only chocolate, except
for one hard-to-find variety of the stuff Mercola sells, that does not contain
soy products.

Since I prefer not to have dairy, I get the bittersweet chocolate. It does
contain some Rapadura, which is evaporated sugar cane juice -- the very first
product in the chain after the sugar cane itself. I think it's a better choice
than refined sugar, light brown sugar, or even "raw" sugar which isn't raw at
all. The bitter chocolate doesn't contain any sweetener at all, I believe.

I have made various confections from Rapunzel, and they turn out well. I buy 12
bars in bulk from my health food store so I get a discount. It's less expensive
than Mercola's.

Best,
Nenah

Nenah Sylver, PhD
http://www.nenahsylver.com
* The Handbook of Rife Frequency Healing
* The Holistic Handbook of Sauna Therapy
* products and services for wellness