You can remove the plating in the jars with straight 3% hydrogen peroxide. No need to fill the jar, just add around 1/4 to 1/2 cup and turn the jar so the peroxide has some time to sit on all the inner surface. Rinse several times in hottest tap water, then rinse a couple times with distilled water.
sol

marmar...@aol.com wrote:

No kidding Tel? I never knew that. Thanks very much for sharing. I do have a question pertaining to that though: I always use the same quart jars for processing. Most of them have a *staining* of plated silver somewhere on the inside of them. This cannot be removed. Are you saying, then, that this plating will interfere with the processing of the CS? If so, then I need to throw them away and start with new jars. MA