Hi Seth - I just love the Silver Puppy.  But I don't think it can make a gallon at a time.  Maybe a half gallon, but I make a mayonnaise jar at a time.  I make between 1 and 14 batches a week and the thing just runs and runs and runs without any problems.  Plus, I've only had to buy new silver electrodes (only $15.00) one time in the (approximately) 5 years since I bought it.  [grin]  I'm a very happy customer.      Jodi