On 29 Jan 2008, at 14:13, Vladimir Nesov wrote:

On Jan 29, 2008 11:49 AM, Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, but why can't they all be dumped in a single 'normal' multiverse?
If traveling between them is accommodated by 'decisions', there is a
finite number of them for any given time, so it shouldn't pose
structural problems.

The whacko, speculative SF hypothesis is that lateral movement btw
Yverses is conducted according to "ordinary" laws of physics, whereas
vertical movement btw Yverses is conducted via extraphysical psychic
actions ;-)'

What differentiates "psychic" actions from non-psychic so that they
can't be considered "ordinary"? If I can do both, why aren't they both
equally ordinary to me (and everyone else)?..

Is a psychic action telepathy, for example? If I am a schizophrenic and hear voices, is this a psychic experience?
What is a psychic action FOR YOU, or in your set of definitions?
Do you propose that you are able of psychic actions within a set frame of definitions or do you experience psychic actions and redefine your environment because
of this?
Or is it all in the mind?
Isn't it only ordinary, if experienced repetitively .....
Gudrun

-- Vladimir Nesov mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&; -3ffb4f