Enrico,

This actually has me very confused, the file is opened exactly the same as
before:

FileContents::FileContents(const char *fileName) {
  ifstream *inFile    = new ifstream(fileName);

There is no code for file patterns or anything like that, so I am
wondering if maybe the shell is doing something that is confusing it in
ways that it wasn't confused before.   Do you have a script for running
SIPp that makes use of wildcards or something similar?

Charles