Leo,

I am glad to see that this feature would be useful for you.
> 1. I add $4 by 3, but in log it is still 0.
The code doesn't handle adding values to regular expressions (strings).
There should be some better error handling, or possibly even automatic
type casting added.

> 2. I assign $5 to 1, and add by 2, but in log, the variable seems no
> value at all.
This is actually puzzling.

I have attached a simple scenario that I ran to test this:

$./sipp -m 1 -sf vartest.xml localhost -trace_logs
[ produces output saying that it didn't expect to receive the message it
sent itself]
$ cat *.log
$5: 3.000000

> 3. I assign the test result to $6, but the variable seems no value at
all.
There is no code for printing the result of a Boolean variable.

> 4. BTW, from the document, the variables are floating point values,
> but in what data type the result from regular expression is stored
> since the result may be a string.
This is why the addition for $4 isn't working correctly.  I will try work
up a patch that addresses these shortcomings.

Charles