From: Charles P Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Sipp-users] Some errors on the log
To: "Nicholas SHI" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wednesday, 20 August, 2008, 9:06 AM

The timer is set to go off every 400ms.  If it takes more than 3000ms for
it to get triggered that is a major trip; 10 of those are a fatal error.
If it takes more than 500ms, it is a minor trip; 120 count as a fatal
error.  If no firings occur for 10 minutes the counts are reset. These
thresholds can be adjusted with command line options, and defaults are in
sipp.hpp.

Charles

extern unsigned long watchdog_interval            _DEFVAL(400);
extern unsigned long watchdog_minor_threshold     _DEFVAL(500);
extern unsigned long watchdog_minor_maxtriggers   _DEFVAL(120);
extern unsigned long watchdog_major_threshold     _DEFVAL(3000);
extern unsigned long watchdog_major_maxtriggers   _DEFVAL(10);
extern unsigned long watchdog_reset               _DEFVAL(600000);

"Nicholas SHI" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/19/2008
11:12:52 PM:

> Hi Charles,
>
> Sorry to hijack your response. Just want to make sure how you get the
> watchdog timer is 400ms other than 500ms. I wonder if this is typo
> error or something magic defined in other place. Thank you! Per log
> here:
>
> >> 1219140649.897846: The minor watchdog timer 500ms has been
tripped
> >> (538), 109 trips remaining..
>
> I thought the threashold is 500ms at first.
>
> Regards,
> Nicholas SHI
> ---------------------------
> Qingdao, China
>
> 2008/8/19 Charles P Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > The watchdog error means that SIPp set a timer for 400ms in the
future,
> > but it took 538 ms for it to come around.  If this happens often, it
is an
> > indication that your SIPp machine is overloaded.
> >
> > Charles
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 08/19/2008 11:14:10

AM:

> >> hi,
> >>
> >> I am getting some errors on my "XXXX_errors.log" file
that shows as
> > follows
> >>
> >> 1219140649.897846: The minor watchdog timer 500ms has been
tripped
> >> (538), 109 trips remaining..
> >> 1219140649.915473: send_packets.c: sendto failed with error:
> > Invalidargument..
> >>
> >> Can anyone help me to resolve the same?
> >>
> >> My calls are failing on my script.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> naresh
> >

> >> Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click
here

Developer's
> > challenge
> >> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK &
win
great
> > prizes
> >> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in
the
> > world
> >> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
Developer'schallenge
> > Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
> great prizes
> > Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the

world

> --
> Nicholas SHI

      Get an email ID as [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] Click here
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address