Scott,

I don't see a reason to have the fixed 2 port offset.  I would be amenable
to a patch if no one else objects.

Charles

Scott Oaks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/02/2008 03:34 PM
Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

sipp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
[Sipp-users] RTP audio/video ports

We are having problems again with the way sipp chooses rtp ports. sipp
will search for a free port for RTP audio from 6000 to 6099 (by
default). Having found a free port for the audio, it will then always
use that port + 2 for the RTP video socket. But there's no assurance
that port will be free, and the port checking loop logic doesn't extend
to that: if the video port fails, sipp fails.

Presumably we should fix this by binding both ports within the loop that
does the port searching -- is there any problem with that? For people
who don't want to use RTP, is there a reason why this code couldn't be
skipped altogether (the code sort-of implies there used to be such an
option, but now all those sockets are in an if(1) block).

-Scott

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world