Jing CDL Sun wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I use SIS v3.7.4 to install RedHatEL5, but when the target node use
> rsync to get boel_binaries.tar.gz from image server,
> the following error was encountered:
>
> receiving file list ... rsync: link_stat
> "/i386/standard/boel_binaries.tar.gz" (in boot) failed: Permission denied
>
> I have checked the mode, uid and gid of this file, there is no different
> with that in RedHat4Q3.
> so it seems that it is not a access right problem.
>
> I disabled the selinux on both my image server and golden client, and
> rebooted them, them the rsync works well.
>
> Could someone give me some suggestions about this? is it a SIS ship
> problem or selinux problem? thank you.

SELinux should allow everything by default, maybe in RH they decided to
deny some actions... in your case it seems that rsync is not allowed to
read the files required by systemimager. Since I've no idea how to
configure it I think I'll post a comment in the troubleshooting guide on
wiki, suggesting to disable or properly configure selinux in case of
permission problems... ;-) or you can do that if you want.

Many thanks for reporting,
-Andrea