Bernard,

I don't see any problem forcing ramdisk_blocksize to be 1024, also
because this should be the default value (see in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/ramdisk.txt). Maybe in fc6 they explicitly
changed it. Could you post the kernel config of the fc6 kernel?

In particular what's the value of CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_BLOCKSIZE?

Cheers,
-Andrea