Bernard Li wrote:
>> Moreover, in si_monitor.log are reported only the log messages of the
>> monitoring daemon (si_monitor) and I don't think it's the right place
>> for the log messages of the si_monitortk interface. To debug the problem
>> you could try to generate a core dump when the segfault occurs (just set
>> core file size to unlimited `ulimit -c unlimited`), and try to analyze
>> the core dump with gdb... but I'm quite sure that an update of perl-tk
>> will strongly reduce your segfaults...
>
> Okay I have set coredump to unlimited, I'll see if I get a coredump next
> time.
>
> I notice that if I leave si_monitortk running overnight, segfault
> happens...  I'll see if this is reproducible.

Bernard, instead of generating a core dump, try to run si_monitortk with
the perl debugger. Example:

$ sudo perl -dw /usr/sbin/si_monitortk

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

Tk::MyHList::(/usr/sbin/si_monitortk:15):
15:     @Tk::MyHList::ISA = qw(Tk::HList);
  DB<1> r

If a SEGFAULT occurs you should be able to see in the console the piece
of code that generated the fault and/or the stack trace (using T).

-Andrea