Bernard Li wrote:

> This issue seems to be brought on by argument shift -- i.e. --ssh-user
> apparently is a required argument and when not provided causes failure
> in the command.
>
> To rectify the problem, I suggest that we:
>
> 1) Make the current username argument for --ssh-user
> 2) Modify the manpage/--help/code to reflect that --ssh-user is required
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Bernard,

si_pushupdate is deprecated. I think we should put a big warning both in
the manpage and in the command's help. Or at least we should rewrite it
to support the new SystemImager features about host ranges and host
groups.

Actually, the equivalent operations can be done using the command:

si_psh --ssh-user USER -n <HOSTLIST|HOSTGROUPS> si_updateclient --server SERVER
--image IMAGE

(maybe we could even rewrite si_updateclient replacing the code with
this command)

OTOH for server-driven SSH install we must use si_pushinstall (instead
of si_pushupdate) as documented here:

http://wiki.systemimager.org/index.php/SSH#Wait_that_the_clients_become_ready_to_accept_SSH_connection

IMHO replacing si_pushupdate with the si_psh and si_updateclient command
is the best solution (ah, obviously we need to fix also the manpage
then).

-Andrea