Hi Laurent:

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:36 AM, Laurent Bonnaud
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not yet.  It would probably work, but only for me.  It would be more
> useful if the problem could be solved for everybody in the default
> systemimager kernel.  I am not in a hurry, therefore I can wait for

Actually, the reason why UYOK was implemented is that it is very hard
for the developers to keep track of all these new hardware and update
the kernel configs.  UYOK provides a method to get a working boot
kernel as long as the distribution you want imaged can detect your
hardware.  In fact, in the very near future we should use the UYOK
kernel to boot instead of the default SystemImager kernel.

> another systemimager version with a fixed kernel.  I would be happy to
> test it and give you feedback.  How long do you think it would take to
> produce another systemimager version ?

I have just checked in the changes:

http://trac.systemimager.org/changeset/4463

Watch the following location for new snapshots:

http://download.systemimager.org/~arighi/systemimager/

> I have attached the output of lsmod on an Ubuntu 8.04 system installed
> on this machine (with a 2.6.24 kernel).  Necessary modules probably
> include:
>
> usbcore
> ehci_hcd
> uhci_hcd
> hid
> usbhid

I am guessing it might be this config option:

CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT

Perhaps Andrea can build a snapshot with this enabled for you to try
(I currently don't have my build system up).

BTW, how are you installing SystemImager?  Via the source tarball or
the provided .deb from the website?

Cheers,

Bernard