SystemImager is still alive and well.  There hasn't been much
development lately, but it's still in heavy use.  I expect we'll need
to address some outstanding issues soon, such as grub2 support.

Ubuntu is our standard distro, and it's latest release (lucid)
installs with grub2 by default.  So, we'll be feeling the pain from
that one directly soon.  In the mean time, if anyone has patches to
submit that address the grub2 issue, please send them along. :-)

Thanks, -Brian

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 1:52 PM, RParr <rp...@temporalarts.com> wrote:
> On 04/03/2010 09:00 PM, Lucas Gomes Mello wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wonder how is the development and maintenance of the SI. the latest
>> version is 2008, the project continue?
>>
>> Lucas Mello
>>

> I too was wondering what the status is.
>
> I am currently using System Imager to support systems with Red Hat and
> Ubuntu servers and several Ubuntu 8.04 clients.  I plan to migrate the
> Ubuntu servers/clients to Ubuntu 10.04 BUT they use grub2.
>
> Is it viable to continue using System Imager?
>
> I *might* be able to help some but with no traffic/feedback/guidance I
> am afraid I would just be either reinventing a wheel already in
> production or messing things up.
>
> Should we all be looking for a replacement?
>
> Please let us know if the project is ongoing and what, if anything, we
> can do to help.
>
> Thanks
> R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts

Brian Elliott Finley