Am I correct in thinking that when getimage takes an image of the golden
client, it will generate parted commands for non-mounted filesystems, but not
generate an mke2fs command for that filesystem?

I just ask because our golden client has /dev/hdb1 which is unmounted most of
the time, and remounted at midnight to accept dumps of /dev/hda* partitions.

We've started to experience installations which fail on reboot post
installation, complaining about "bad magic number block on /dev/hdb1".

We have been fixing this by having users enter the root password and
fdisk/mke2fs /dev/hdb1 (over the phone, with non-Linux savvy users this has
been fun) whilst we've tried to figure out what was wrong.

Today we were poring over things trying to figure it out once and for all and
closer examination shows us that the .master file has parted entries for
/dev/hda* and /dev/hdb1, but only has mke2fs/mount commands for /dev/hda*.

Is this a feature?

cheers!

Dan