I've been following http://wiki.systemimager.org/index.php/HOWTO_Implement
_a_simple_BitTorrent_and_USB_stick_imaging_scheme but when the clients boot
from the USB key, they seem to get stuck when trying to grab an image through
bittorrent, and remind me to turn the bittorrent server on.

I didn't install from rpms, but I compiled and installed 3.8.0 "server_all" and
"client_all" on my server and golden clients respectively which, I've been
under the impression, should install all the same stuff that would be installed
by installing all the various packages. This may be the problem, if I'm wrong
about this.

I've already been preparing clients and getting the images and deploying them
via rsync, so I know I'm doing that part right.

I've configured /etc/systemimager/bittorrent.conf with the line
"BT_IMAGES=210,170,1300" so that all the images are allowed to be bittorrented,
and added "/etc/init.d/systemimager-server-bittorrent start" to my
/etc/rc.local right after the "/etc/init.d/systemimager-server-rsyncd start"
line. A "ps aux | grep systemimager" shows me the I have "/usr/bin/rsync
--daemon --config=/etc/systemimager/rsyncd.conf" and "/usr/bin/python /usr/bin
bttrack --port 6969 --dfile /tmp/dstate --logfile
/var/log/systemimager/bittorrent-tracker.log" running...

Alright, I think I'm going to try not invoking it on boot I'll comment that out
and try to run it by hand to see what messages it gives...

ERROR: cannot find a valid binary to make torrents
failed.

So I search through the synaptic package manager and find libtorrent7, but
installing it doesn't change anything, so I'm going to try installing
libtorrent7-dev and recompiling systemimager to see if that might make a
difference...

Well, I've learned that any settings changes that are made to
/etc/systemimager/bittorrent.conf need to be re-made after re-installing
systemimager. However, the same "ERROR: cannot find a valid binary to make
torrents." message pops up when I try to start the bittorrent server, so I'm
guessing the libtorrent7 and libtorrent7-dev aren't of any use...

Any ideas?

I hope this finds you all doing well!

Simón