I would appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions. I have posted questions
several times to SIS and have received little no responses.

I am running OSCAR 5.0 on a head node with rhel4.5 i386
I have 2 client nodes with rhel4.5 i386
I want to add 8 new nodes with rhel5 X64 bit and the hardware is slightly
different
I created a golden client with rhel5 X64
Ran si_prepareclient successfully
Ran si_getimage off of the head node successfully
Ran integrate_image --arch x86_64 from golden client image and it integrated
into my OSCAR setup successfully

Then I added my clients sucessfully.

Now the struggle has been systemimager not pushing the golden client image onto
the new nodes

I found that the master node does not contain any
directories for 64 bit in system imager, 32 bit yes but not 64. It does contain
my golden client image which is 64 bit but nothing under SI standard 64 bit i.e

/usr/share/systemimager/boot/x86_64/standard/

On the Client node there is SI 64 bit but nothing for 32 bit. So I did the
following (below). I think this mismatch is what caused sytemconfigurator to
initially to fail. Does the head node need SI64 bit? I dont think I can install
that on since the OS is i386 correct? I thought copying the the 64 bit tools in
the /usr/share/systemimager/boot/x86_64/standard/ directory could work since
the client node is just looking for the kernel and initrd.img to get started.

I logged on to the golden client and copied the standard 64 bit directory from
system imager onto the master node. I made a new install-kernel-x86_64 file by

cp /usr/share/systemimager/boot/x86_64/standard/initrd.img
install-initrd-x86_64.img

and

cp /usr/share/systemimager/boot/x86_64/standard/kernel  install-kernel-x86_64

Created  /tftpboot/install-x86_64 with this content:
#--- install-x86_64 ---
DEFAULT systemimager
DISPLAY message.txt
PROMPT 1
TIMEOUT 50
LABEL systemimager
KERNEL install-kernel-x86_64
APPEND vga=extended initrd=install-initrd-x86_64.img root=/dev/ram
MONITOR_SERVER=192.168.8.1

Updated /etc/netbootmgr.conf with this menu option
MENU Install_64bit:install-x86_64

Went into the net boot mgr GUI in OSCAR and set it to boot up the 64 bit Image.
Booted up the new client node and watched to see if it would capture the image.

System imager begins to load but fails a lot faster this time with this error
Error: could not stat device /dev/sda no such file or directory
and
Error: the location 106.97 is outside the device /dev/sda

I began to gave up on the SI 64 bit kernel idea and thought I would try the
rhel5 kernel in the golden client image except this time I would create the
install-*-x86_64 files from the golden
client image. This just lead to another kernel panic error.

Again if anyone is out there that can provide me any support I would really
appreciate it

Thanks

-Rich