Dear Bas,

Thanks so much for your reply.

> We had the same problem with SAN and decide to added the BLACKLIST
> option for SALI
> {{{
> BLACKLIST=kernel_modules
>
> Specify which kernel modules must be blacklisted to prevent udev from
>
> Specify as: BLACKLIST=module_a;module_b;module_c
> }}}

Presently, we are not running SALI. The problem (last  I looked - and
I _did_ spend time on it) the SALI project were missing quite basic
information on how to get started. Simple stuff like which packages
to install and how to get them.  At the time you did try to help me
and pointed at which main script to use. But even more basic
information
were missing, so in the end I just gave up. I still don't enven know,
if SALI is a modification to install "on top of" already-installed SI,
or something I should install from the bottom up. Surely, it is more
than a single main script.

> In our install script we use the the /dev/ names. In the install
> script we set a LABEL on the disk and use this LABEL in the
> /etc/fstab
> so we are not depended on the /dev/ names anymore.

That, of course, is one way to go about it, and I will consider it.
I am trying to keep the chenges from the auto-generated script from
systemimager to a minimum, but that could be a bad decision.

Best,

Bjarne