On 16 June 2012 07:37, Damian Montaldo <damianmonta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes and it was a headache because it's very old and deprecated to
> install in a up-to-date squeeze.
> I finally install it in squeeze but I've ended with SALI.
>
> If you really really want to use it I can give you some help.
Thanks for your kind offer! :)

> Try with these deb in the debian archive
> wget
> http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cdrkit/mkisofs_1.1.9-1_all.deb
>
> the run as root or with sudo
> dpkg --install mkisofs_1.1.9-1_all.deb

Cool - those steps took me past the failure on the dependency check.

\> Then you have to install genisoimage because the last versiĆ³n of
> mkisofs it's only a wrapper to geniso (the transitional package)

Already had that installed in the hopes that it might register under
the "old name" as well.

With another extra package thrown in (apt-get install makedev; since udev does
all the lifting these days it's not installed by default) I seem to
have successfully
installed the packages I think I need :)

Will now try to configure it.

> Damian.

Cheers,
Andrej