Hi,

For various reasons, I want to use short host names for my nodes. This
means that /etc/sysconfig/network on a machine (after rolling out an
image) should have a short host name (e.g. HOSTNAME=n001) rather than a
fully qualified name (e.g. HOSTNAME=dn001.mydomain.net).

SystemConfigurator supports this by adding "SHORTHOSTNAME = YES" to the
[NETWORK] section in /etc/systemconfig/systemconfig.conf

However, AFAIK si_prepareclient does not (under any circumstances) even
write the [NETWORK] section as it creates a new systemconfig.conf
(overwriting the old, obviously). Which means that I probably cannot
configure my way out of the issue using si-suite commands. I this
correctly understood?

An obvious solution is to edit /etc/systemconfig/systemconfig.conf on my
golden node after running si_prepareclient. It is simple, as I just
append a few well-known lines to the file. But maybe it would be even
better, if si_prepareclient was able to do it? (I do not have the full
understanding of how si_prepareclient etc works, so I may not be the
right person to do it. But maybe adding a few more command-line options
is not too difficult?

All input is welcome.

Thanks,

Bjarne