Hi Kevin,

On 2012-11-30 22:25, Kevin Van Workum wrote:
Couldn't find a SALI user group, but I've seen some discussion about
SALI on this list...

You can find our lists here: https://oss.trac.sara.nl/sali/wiki#BugsFeatureRequests

I've been playing with SALI for a little while. I can't for the life of
me figure out what the sali_server is supposed to do. I'm not using
torrent, just rsync. It doesn't seem to start rsync for me. I had to do
that manually. I've installed a system just fine and sali_server didn't
seem to do anything. I have logging set to verbose and this is the only
thing that showed in the log:

SALI does not start the rsync server as with most distributions there is a rsync init.d script. I shall update our documentation to make this more clear.

This means in your case you don't have to start the sali_server. But you can use the SALI command that is part of the SALI server suite. With this command you can easily generate the rsyncd.conf file with all the correct path's to your images.

https://oss.trac.sara.nl/sali/wiki/SaliUsage#Client

2012-11-30 14:56:54,222 - DaemonCtl    - INFO    - starting as daemon
2012-11-30 14:56:54,223 - SaliServer   - INFO    - starting threads
2012-11-30 14:56:54,224 - SaliMonitor  - INFO    - started

So what does sali_server do for me?

Also, I'll looked through the code and it looks like it requires python
3. Can anyone verify that?

SALI server has been written for Python 2.6 and higher.

Regards,

Dennis Stam

--
Kevin Van Workum, PhD