Site of the Day

        Bad Astronomy!

"The Bad Astronomy web pages are devoted to airing out myths and misconceptions in
astronomy and related topics." - from the website

Here to rectify all that misinformation is the impressively credentialed Dr. Philip
Plait of the University of Sonoma State University, formerly of NASA's Goddard Space
Flight Center.

"As an astronomer, teacher, lecturer and all-around science junkie, I am exposed to
all sorts of people and their ideas about what goes on in the sky around them. I
have been delighted to find that most people are very curious about the night (and
day!) sky, but unfortunately a lot of misinformation is spread about astronomy.
Sometimes this information is just plain silly, but many times it makes just enough
sense that people believe it. Sometimes the news media help spread these ideas (like
the one that you can spin or stand an egg on end during the Vernal Equinox),
sometimes it's TV and sometimes it's plain old word of mouth, but the misinformation
does get around." - from the website

Take a look at his critique of the recent Fox special "Conspiracy Theory: Did We
Land on the Moon?"

http://www.badastronomy.com/

A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>