Site of the Day for Thursday, October 4, 2001

        IMDB.com        The Internet Movie Database

IMDB.com - a name to remember.

The Internet Movie Database has been around long enough (since 1990) to
qualify as another of our Web chestnuts. However, in case some of the
List's members have been spending most of their time at the Philosopher's
Index, it may be necessary to bring this website to their notice.

"The core of our site is our search capabilities. We catalog all sorts of
information on over 250,000 movies made since the dawn of cinema plus even
more on over 900,000 people who helped make them. That 900,000 includes
over 500,000 actors and actresses, nearly 50,000 directors, over 70,000
writers and a wide variety of other folks from producers to gaffers and
everything in between. Then we take all that information, organize it into
a cool structure, and make it possible for you to easily search and browse
through it... FOR FREE." - from the website

This is the place to go to track down obscure films and English language
television broadcasts, as well as the current crop of Hollywood
extravaganzas. The excellent search capability may spare you a sleepless
night of wondering where you saw a particular actor in the past or what
movie was the source of a specific quote.

For a site worth a place in your bookmarked favorites, wing your way to the
Internet Movie Database.

http://www.imdb.com/

A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>