Site of the Day for Tuesday, January 15, 2002

        MIT's Technology Review

Don't dismiss this website as merely "news for nerds".

The List, a somewhat technophobic entity at times, found itself
surprisingly breathless during its perusal of this online edition of
"Technology Review", possibly because it was so transfixed by some of the
articles and columns in the current edition that it forgot to breathe
properly.

"Since 1899, Technology Review has been MIT's magazine of innovation. Our
mission statement "to promote the understanding of emerging technologies
and their impact on business and society" defines the unique value that
Technology Review's audience . . . find in our products and services. . .
Technology Review strives to be the world's best source for understanding
emerging technologies and their impact. Like our parent, MIT, we see
technology as central to our culture and economic well-being. We seek to
inspire, educate, stimulate, and illuminate-and, with a questioning but
open eye, foster a sense of wonder, fascination and intrigue about the
world around us." - from the website

In the new, new, economy, not everything online is free anymore. Articles
marked by a + indicate that the complete article is available only to paid
subscribers. However, there is more than enough free content at the site to
make it an outstanding source of information about technological innovation
and its adoption. The MIT logo virtually guarantees the reliability of its
content. Don't miss the columnists at the bottom of the opening page, whose
observations are particularly germane to the layman.

Explore this site to find what the future may hold in store.

http://www.techreview.com/articles/mag_toc_jan02.asp

A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
SotD Ashlists archives -