A person on this list kindly told that no attachment appeared; but
actually I *did* attach a gzip'ed version of the log as `rc-err.log.gz', so we are perhaps facing a problem with some steps in the mail delivery.

 It is intentional that binary attachments are stripped when sent to the
list. I don't want to spam every subscriber with binaries. When I say
"please send a strace", I really mean "please paste a strace to some
website such as pastebin, and send a link".

 Please don't try and circumvent the attachment stripping, or I'll
have to tighten it. :P
 (The attachment made it this time, I'll study it. Thanks!)

--
 Laurent