On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Christopher Lenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Gump forces Ant to use the httpclient code that is on its
>> CLASSPATH, which is the latest CVS version.
>
> Wow, I wasn't aware of Gump trying to use commons-httpclient, even
> though we don't declare it as a dependancy

It depends on who is "we" 8-)

The gump descriptor for Slide is in Gump's own CVS module, you can
find it here
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/project/jakarta-slide.xml>.

> (or do we? we shouldn't).

Why not?  I've been the one who's been patching that descriptor
lately, I can certainly be wrong.

> In that case keeping the code in our tree is complete non-sense.

It may make a lot of sense outside of Gump but will probably confuse
your users, especially once commons-httpclient has been released.

Cheers

        Stefan