I did some investigations as well. My aim is to concentrate the scattered efforts and merge all our work into one implementation everyone can live with.

It seems a lot of branching has occured, and there are two main branches of the J2EE stuff:

org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.J2EEStore
- CVS HEAD
- Modifications to support MySQL by Grant Gongaware June 2003:http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg03870.html
- Modifications for Oracle by Doug Harmon June 2003 (not published): http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg03869.html

slidestore.j2ee.J2EEStore
- CVS HEAD
- Patches by Ashok Kumar January 2003 (does not build on CVS HEAD, but rather replaces it, as it combines both stores): http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg05504.html seemingly as an update of http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg05504.html
- Stuff posted by Willie Vu June 2003 (might be based on Ashok's work, but unclear to me): http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg03917.html

My questions: 1.) Are there more sub-branches / modifications of either main branch? 2.) Why does branch one use an adapter, while branch two does not? 3.) Which RDBMS are supported by either branch #1 and #2?

Thanks for ANY input.

Oliver

Colin Britton wrote:

Ashok and I will revisit where it all got to and try and either patch the
unfinished rdbms.J2EEStore  or figure something out. This needs cleaning up
as right now the different versions are confusing.

rgds
CB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Oliver Zeigermann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 5:33 AM
Subject: Re: REQUEST FOR HELP/COMMENT: Store problems

Hi Christopher,

thanks for commenting!

Christopher Lenz wrote:

The rdbms.J2EEStore was my attempt to refactor the JDBC and J2EE stores
based on a new schema submitted by Ashok Kumar. Unfortunately it was
never finished, and AFAIK it doesn't even work correctly in its current
incarnation.

Ooops! Thanks for telling me! What about the stuff in slidestore.j2ee? Does it work?

Ashok has since posted updated versions of the new schema
and store implementation, which unfortunately also resulted in the code
base being forked (i.e. Ashok did not switch to the version committed in
slide's CVS repository and build upon that version).

So the posted updates were not applied at all? Or all to slidestore.j2ee?

While it may appear that this implementation is a "production quality
store", it is a work in progress that has never been finished, and
*will* never get finished if nobody picks up where I left. But as this
is open-source, *you* can be the one to continue it if you see the
potential ;-)

Understood. I will have to concentrate on the file store first. If I get it stable, let's see what I can do.

Oliver

.