Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 5:43 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE]: J2EE-Adapter or Not

Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> Maybe we should think

about a third store using this adapter that also explicitely makes use of connection pooling, e.g. using DBCP.

Which really is not necessary as you can configure the driver which can well be org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.

Besides I understand the need for this even more as in my deployment scenario (using the Slide realm for authentication), there is *no initial context*, since it all is outside a web application. Remy's comments:

Oliver

.