Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
1) what's the status of the tree? I found out that contributed WebDAVGUI is out of synch with the various libraries and it seems dead. I also find the distribution waaaaay too tomcat centric.

That's true if you want to use Slide authentication for the container. I agree there should be a different solution. Maybe a JAAS implementation? Otherwise, I used Slide with Weblogic 8.1 and it seemed to work ok.

2) I saw the archives and I heard about the 2.0 release proposal, what's the status of that?

Well, I just proposed myself for the job of the release manager on the user list. If poeple accept me for this job or anybody else volunteers for it, (hopefully) few things stand in the way of a first milestone release in the near future. Certainly, I will need commit access to CVS first, but I am already a designated committer. Do you know a way to speed up the administrative process of being granted commit rights as there are quite some patches waiting to be checked in?

3) also, what's the status of the variuos stores? are they usable?

Unfortunately, this is a genereal NO. I posted a status overview a view weeks ago, titled

REQUEST FOR HELP/COMMENT: Store problems

Have a look in the archives. Anyway, the transactional file store works stable and even faster than the DB stores for the basic stuff. It certainly has less potential for optimizations and some limitations in scalability and lacks performace under concurrent access. Although, still need to check in the current version. I could think of this store as the default implementation for a download and go version.

General caching has been revised as well to support transactional control.

A general DB store is currently being merged and - although there still are some substantial problems - I am optimistic to have it runnig soon.

I proposed to drop all other stores as non of them works correct and the above stores are developed to replace them.

ah, and prepare for a load of patches ;-) [there are tons of import statements to cleanup, javadocs warnings and unused variables... note: I don't have CVS access on the slide CVS module, otherwise I would commit them myself]

That's tricky because commits seem to be done rarely and only when already in stable state. So, cleaning can cause a lot of conflicts.

Oliver