Cluster support is *almost* finished, but there are still two big outstanding issues.

1) Bug 30527. Without this fixed clustering will be limited to one directory, and one directory only, please.

2) I need help getting the cache keys right in ExtendedStore. I've added a method removeObjectFromCache() which takes a key as a parameter. Right now I'm passing the Uri of the object, but most of the caches use the uri plus a revision number. Currently I know of no way to get the revision number of the modified uri from the remote Slide instance, so I need a way to guess when clearing the cache. I'm also not sure how this will play with history uris. Can someone with experience here help me out?

Other than that I think everything is working. You'll need to enable a listener in your Domain.xml. The Domain.xml in CVS has an example that's commented out. The listener subscribes to the node(s) you've configured and waits for notifications that things have changed. When something has changed it tries to clear the cache for that uri.

Another issue I've got is a good way to determine the namespace a uri is part of. In order to get a Store for a uri I need a NamespaceAccessToken, but I'm unclear on the relationship between a uri and a namespace (if any). If someone can explain this I would appreciate it. Currently the namespace is hardcoded to "slide", which should work in most cases.

-James