The webfolders in windows XP uses UTF8. Most of the DAV clients that I have
found encodes in client character set and not UTF8.

/Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: E.A.Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 6. januar 2004 23:37
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: slide 2 and german characters

Thanks for the tips.
I've set slide.properties and the txFileStore encoding to UTF-8.  I'll
see what I can do about updating my 2000 webfolders.

I tried it with Konqueror on a SuSe box, and I can create and move into
collections with umlauts in the title, but they are still displayed
incorrectly (incorrect special characters).  Is there a client I can use
to be sure things are working correctly?  I've also tried cadaver but
I'm having no luck there either.....

Thanks for any advice and help,

Eric

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 21:55, Jacob Lund wrote:
> This sounds like an encoding problem!
>
> I would recommend UTF-8 encoding!
>
> This is what worked for me! Use the coyote connector with parameter
> useURIValidationHack="false". Encoding in Slide.propetries file must be
set
> to UTF-8! This should enable tomcat and slide to encode UTF-8 correctly!
>
> With respect to you client Microsoft webfolders are a bit tricky!
Following
> dll's must be updated to latest version on your windows installation:
> msdaipp.dll and msdapml.dll! Otherwise webfolders will encode in client
> character set and not UTF-8! These files are included in the office 2000
> SP3! (for details please refer to previous postings on this list:
"Microsoft