Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 6:45 PM
Subject: RE: Japanese language support in Slide/Webfolders?

Hi,

I remember a post to this list sometime back (quite a while) listing the
config changes that needed to be made to enable Slide and tomcat for UTF-8.
But I can't find the post in the archive so could someone refresh my memory?
I remember that we needed to set useURIValidationHack="false" but I had
thought there were other changes needed too. Are there any changes that need
to be made to enable the stores for utf-8? I don't see any UTF related
parameters in the config files.

Carlos, in your post on this topic you mentioned a number of changes you
made to get Slide working with Japanese. Are any of the changes to the
config files or were they all code changes/fixes?

Thanks,
Warwick